Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Major League Baseball Sees Record $9 Billion In Revenues For 2014

Record 9 Billion in Revenues







This 2014 year the MLB can almost look back and say some very good news. The league will see approximately $9 billion in gross revenues for the 2014 calendar year with this being a new record. There is still more calculations that need to be done with that amount that could bring that number up just a little. But that number is up from being $8 billion just last year, that is an increase of 13 percent. The reason for the increase is that the league saw revenues double form new broadcast deals with their national network partners like FOX, ESPN, and TBS that summed up of an additional $788.3 million a year.


That is a lot of fricken money! The MLB is sitting pretty right now. With a one billion 13% gross revenue increase in just one year, you know someone is doing something right there. I don't think they should stop there they should try to expand the MLB into different countries just like how the NFL is trying to do that could possible bring in even more money.   

9 comments:

  1. The TV deals have been as big help to the MLB, and I hope to see more international games to be played in the future. If the MLB wants to make even more money, having a larger emphasis on adding more games in different countries might help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What countries do you think these leagues could expand to? The MLB has teams in Canada, and maybe the NFL could do the same, but other than that, I don't know where else they could expand. Mexico?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually a little surprised to see that much of a rise in revenue for the MLB. I know it's the national pastime, but I feel that is has been losing some of its popularity lately. I think that the NFL and NBA are starting to become a lot more popular, while the MLB is losing some popularity. I think it is just too long of a season for most fans to stay interested throughout the whole season. I love baseball and it's my favorite sport, but I don't really like watching the MLB because it can be boring at times. It's a slow sport that's not nearly as fast paced as the NBA or the NFL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Tyler, baseball does not seem to be as popular among kids these days. I guess adults still love it though. The amount of money in professional sports is ridiculous. I cannot believe that television alone brings in that much money. Sure, there are games on every night, but who watches that much baseball? Baseball is boring most of the time to be honest. I guess that is why old people like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm surprised that the number is so high I didn't think it would be that high, its crazy that the MLB made 9 billion dollars in revenue in one year. I think that the MLB will start to lose even more popularity because it is such a long and boring sport.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I honestly can't believe that the MLB made that much money in one year. Whenever I went to games, there was barely anyone there and all of the gear is really expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's good to see that the MLB. I agree with your statement that it would be nice to see baseball become more of an international sport. I wonder if professional baseball will ever compare to pro football.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The MLB this year has expanded there TV deals to overseas. So now teams hear is being sold overseas and maximizing their profit. I think this was good for the MLB. I find baseball to be a interesting sport and fun to watch. I think this will benefit the players but also the fans so hopefully they can lower the prices of their merchandise.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That much money being made in just one year, where do I sign up.

    ReplyDelete